Welcome

The Church of All Saints by-the-Sea, an Episcopal summer chapel, welcomes visitors of all faiths to the beautiful island of Southport in the Boothbay, Maine region.

The chapel’s dual mission is worship and outreach to the community.

Services are held from mid-June through the second Sunday in September. Each season, distinguished Episcopal clergy from around the country are invited to visit for several weeks to preach and conduct services on Sunday and lead a discussion group on the coming week’s scripture passages on the porch on Tuesday mornings at 9:00AM.

Worship

It has been such a joy to gather with our friends for in-person worship during the 2021 summer season.  Worship services have concluded for this year. Recorded services are available for viewing during the off-season by clicking the “Services” tab at the top of this page and then “View Recorded Services” which will connect you to our YouTube channel. We look forward to announcing our schedule and visiting clergy for 2022 on this website early next year. We wish all of our All Saints community a safe, healthy, and blessed winter season.

Outreach

Friends of All Saints by-the-Sea have generously allowed the Chapel to donate substantial sums to charitable organizations on the Boothbay peninsula. Recipients include the St. Columba’s/All Saints Joint Outreach Fund, the Community Resource Council and Southport Island Association Helping Hands Fund. The Boothbay Region Emergency Fuel Fund and Set for Success Back to School drive also are supported by the Chapel community. For more details on the organizations supported by the chapel community, click here.

Chapel Information

The present chapel was erected in 1905 and consecrated in 1906. Throughout its history, numerous celebrations have taken place on this beautiful holy site. Information regarding weddings, memorial services and special events may be found under the “About Us” link above. Under the direction of the Right Reverend Thomas James Brown, Episcopal Bishop of Maine, the chapel is administered by a Governing Committee of volunteer members of the congregation who are permanent or summer residents of the Boothbay Region.